Monday 9 January 2017

The Problem With Being Me

The problem with being me is that I've become quite cynical. I haven't always been this way, in fact I was far from it for many years, but it's the way I am now. I don't particularly like being this way but it's something that I think has become necessary for survival.

The world has changed dramatically since I was a youngster in the 1960's and 70's. I was born near the start of the radical changes that began in the 60's. Here, in Australia, our society was a step or two behind the rest of the world in the 70's and now that I'm of an age to be able to reflect I can see that that was a good thing. In this country we managed to hang on to our naivety for a little longer than the rest of the world.

Just a little longer.

And I was lucky enough to grow up in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment